Discussion Board

Hybrid View

TrueTone = .AWB or WB AMR???

I read in the document from forum nokia that the Truetone is the file that has extention AWB. But when I convert the MP3 file with Nokia Multimedia Converter by selecting WB AMR with 23.05 Kbps, the extension is AMR. Does the file I convert is Truetone? How to convert to AWB?

Thank you for answer.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

This is an issue with Multimedia Converter. Yes, the converted file is AMR-WB file, but it has a wrong extension. You just have to rename the file with .awb extension for now.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

So this means that we can use WB-AMR instead of AWB files? And also, will it work if I use the WB-AMR file to be the ringtone for my 6600?

Super Contributor
    Hi,

So this means that we can use AMR-WB instead of AWB files? And also, will it work if I use the AMR-WB file to be the ringtone for my 6600?
    Now you lost me. AWB is an extension of AMR-WB. Yes, AMR-WB is supported in 6600.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

3300 true tone

I am using the nMMConverter20 beta 2 to convert a mp3 song to .awb file and I have successfully upload it into 6600 by IRDA. Unfortunately, when I put this same file .awb into 3300 MMC card. It said it cannot be opened. Can anyone tell me what's wrong.

why is it that when i download an *.awb file through wap my 6600 shows this weird characters (squares) rather than the tone?