Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Super Contributor

iPAQ 3870 and Nokia 6310 Bluetooth compatibility

I am trying to set up a Nokia 6310 bond with the iPAQ 3870 and always get disconnected after entering the correct passcode on the phone. Also the Nokia 6310 is detected by the iPAQ as a workstation and not a phone like my 6210 (which works fine). I can also send business cards from the iPAQ to the 6310 without problems - I just can't create a bond and therefore cannot go online with Internet Explorer. Are these Bluetooth devices incompatible??

Posted by Nissanka Fernando, nfernando@stratisoft.com
    on January 21, 2002 at 14:41

Super Contributor

RE: iPAQ 3870 and Nokia 6310 Bluetooth compatibility

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support,
    on January 21, 2002 at 16:15

Please try changing the authorisation settings in your Nokia 6310.
    By default 'request for connection authorisation' is set 'on'.

Super Contributor

Posted by Johan Backlund, jbacklund@yahoo.com
    on January 25, 2002 at 13:54

I have a working connection between Nokia 6310 and iPaq 3870.

I have upgraded PocketPC 2002 to SP1 - not sure if it affects BlueTooth though. MY phone is running version 4.10.

I used a one digt passcode (specifed in "Default Passkey" in Tools->Settings For All Devices on the iPaq). When you get the connect question on the 6310 I quickly accepted the connection and then typed in the one digit passkey.

After successful connect, I changed the Request Conn Authorisation parameter in the 6310 settings.

After that, I have no problems in restoring the connection by just turning on Bluetooth transmission on both devices.

However, I do run into another problem when creating a GPRS connection which forces me to toggle the power on the 6310. I intend to open up a thread on that under a GPRS forum about that because I *think* it is not a BlueTooth problem.

I have been having the same problems. However I managed to get around it by downloading the latest updates to the bluetooth manager from Compaq support. Bonding then is not a problem just use a 1 digit passkey as mentioned in some of the other replies otherwise the phone times out on you. However having achieved all this I can only get 1 successful connection via GPRS then I have to switch the phone off and remove the sim before it will work again - not what I thought the whole point of bluetooth was about!