Discussion Board

using input type='image' to submit and reset into a form...

Hi everybody...

I'm writing a XHTML site using php and mysql... and a wap browser from nokia (NMB 4.0).

I have a FORM with method="post" and I would like to use image buttons to do the 'submit' and the 'reset' action (insted of gray default buttons that you have using type='reset' and type='submit' ).

I would like to use type=image but if a do so I can't pass the value to the next page that tell me if I click submit or any other buttons...

What can I do? Javascript not seems to work

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Solustion

Hi,
    JavaScript at this is still not yed implements, if you would to send you button with using image may be you can use this
    <input name="help" type="image" dir="ltr" lang="id" src="help.gif" alt="Help" align="middle" border="0" />
    This is result method from "GET" the variabel would get the browser is "?help.x=11&help.y=9" so you can get variabel at PHP for other action or you can this with using WCCS
    .imgBtn {
    background-color: #CCCCCC;
    background-image: url(help.gif);
    font-size: 14px;
    }
    so you can insert this <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" class="imgBtn" height="30" />, I hope it can help.

that's a pity...

neither of these solutions works...
    In both cases the get form pass the value "submit=" with no value...
    In the first case I can see an image, the second solution gives a grey button...

that's because of the browser...

Thank you anyway...