Discussion Board

newline character w/ series60

I'm trying to use the append method to add a newline "\n" to a form (ie. sb.append(object.getValueString()).append("\n"); ).

This seems to work on all phones with the exception of Nokia Series60 phones. With the Series60 models, the newline is ignored and addition append statements appear on the same line as the first append statement.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I might be able to resolve this issue, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Greg

Regular Contributor
    What kind of Item did you use? Where the newline disappears (within Item or between Items)?

It is working for me (on 7650):
    Code:
    myForm.append(new StringItem("myString1\n","mySrting2 \n myString3"));

I made a mistake in my original question. I am actually trying to append to a List (not a form). The sb in the original question is a StringBuffer. I am then appending the StringBuffer to a list. Unfortunately I cannot use the above suggestion with a StringItem because these can only be appended to forms. To clarify, my code is as follows...

sb.append(object.getValueString()).append("\n");

sb is StringBuffer that is appended to a List. The \n is not recognized on the 3650 Nokia model (this works on all other models that were tested). If anyone knows of a way around this problem that still makes use of a List, please let me know. Thanks!