Discussion Board

Super Contributor

BT and PC Suite 4.5a

All,

anyone got the 6310 working with BT to PC Suite 4.5a ?

it mentions a BT connectivity pack in a greyed out option during install...

Daniel
    ps good tip on manually installing a Nokia BT modem to get it working to a laptop. Is there a similar hack for PC suite ?

Posted by daniel ralph, daniel.ralph@bt.com
    on February 07, 2002 at 18:27

Super Contributor

RE: BT and PC Suite 4.5a

Posted by David Thornton, forumnokia@reply.thornton.com
    on February 10, 2002 at 06:13

I have two 6310s and one 6210 with Bluetooth battery. I also have the DTL-1 Bluetooth 1.0b card. I can connect to the 6210 using the PC Suite 4.5a and DTL-1 via Bluetooth. I cannot connect to the 6310 using this. I have to use a data cable

Super Contributor

Posted by David Shaw, gory.shaw@virgin.net
    on February 18, 2002 at 20:37

Although it officially doesn`t work I have got the 6310 connected to the DTL-1 fine in fact it`s probably easier than the 6210.

Make sure bluetooth is active within the bluetooth menu on the 6310.

Use the bluetooth Neighbourhood supplied with the DTL-1 to establish a bluetooth connection perform a device discovery (F5) and as usual drag DUN into the phone icon. When prompted on the 6310 for a passkey enter one (I just used 12345 as the passkey dunno if this is right, as long as you enter the same on the PC it should be ok).

Then install PC suite 4.5a (Make sure you don`t close down bluetooth neighbourhood at any point) as long as the connection is active it should install fine.

The most important part when using PC suite is to keep bluetooth neibourhood open. As it can disconnect when you try to open an app within PC suite. i.e content copier.

Hope this helps.

no luck. i also hv tried the latest 4.81 suite. does not work. it seems like Nokia has not come out with a solution yet. i am sure they know. i have spoken to engineers in Singapore and Helsinki, they acknowledged the problem but no reply so far....wait and see..