Discussion Board

Errors when attempting to run Java HelloWorld program on 6.0 emulator ...

I am running a fresh install of the 6.0 emulator for the 9210 and am trying to run a simple HelloWorld application. The following works:

c:\progra~1\javasoft\jre\1.2\bin\java -cp Java helloworld.client.symbian.crystal.HelloWorld

The following pops up the emulator for a few seconds, then gives me a NoClassDefFoundError for helloworld/client/symbian/crystal/HelloWorld:

c:\Symbian\6.0\NokiaJava\Epoc32\Release\wins\udeb\pjava_g.exe -cp Java helloworld.client.symbian.crystal.HelloWorld

When I add the above class to a JAR and try to build an AIF file for it, I get the following error:

"Files cannot be generated - error occurred creating AIF file. Check that aiftool.exe is accessible and that the environment variable EPOCRoot is defined correctly"

EPOCRoot is set to "\Symbian\6.0\NokiaJava\" and aiftool.exe exists both in C:\Symbian\6.0\NokiaJava\Epoc32\Release\winc\udeb and C:\Symbian\6.0\NokiaJava\Epoc32\Release\winc\urel. Changing EPOCRoot to include the drive does not change anything.

Any ideas?

ian.

Regular Contributor

RE: Errors when attempting to run Java HelloWorld program on 6.0 emulator ...

Hi Ian,

If you still have problems building or running Java applications, please post your question to the Java Discussion Board and we'll be happy to help you there.

Thanks,

Developer Support
    Forum Nokia