Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Internet over bluetooth over GPRS

Could anyone tell me how I could make PCsuite 4.5a to recognise my TOSHIBA bluetooth stack ?
    I see it expects a nokia card, and only then it will install the bluetooth modules I guess..
    My Toshiba Satellite 5000-204 comes with Toshiba bluetooth and SW stack. The Toshiba bluetooth Service Center application recognizes ALL services of my 6310 and I SUCCESSFULLY managed to connect to virtual COM1 port.
    On the 6310 side now, internet over GPRS setup on my 6310 is a bit of "magic" shuffling with the wap-over-GPRS settings etc. that gets me sometimes the G on on the upper left corner but sometimes does not... anyway, NO IP packet ever found its way from my laptop to the net over there... PLEASE help(or give me pointers to the right setup instructions. my Operator's help desk is lost-in-space /too complicated a task for them;-)
    THANX in advance!

Posted by Stelios Sartzetakis, stelios@grnet.gr
    on March 15, 2002 at 12:06

Super Contributor

RE: Internet over bluetooth over GPRS

Posted by Jong Dante, jongot@vodafone.net.nz
    on April 11, 2002 at 14:24

Hi.Before you install the datasuite, you need to partner your phone and laptop.When you install your 6310 modem, do not use com1, user other com ports available. When connecting to the internet via GPRS, make sure you are using the right access point.