Discussion Board

Thread: XHTML Query

XHTML Query

Hi,

This is regarding to the features of XHTML.

XHTML is designed to make Web documents accessible and interoperable across platforms. So it can be used for non-PC platforms like Palm-type computers, cell-phones etc.

Now to see any file (text/images) in cell-phone/mobile WML is there. The extension of the file will be .wml and it should be valid as per WML DTD.

Even for Palm-type computers we can use the terminology - Open EBook format / MS LIT.

Here I have some confusion.

· Extension of any XHTML file is .html.

· The question is if I want to see this XHTML file in PalmReader or in cell-phone/mobile whether some changes have to be done to meet that above criterias. (i.e should be valid as per DTD or follow OEB methodology)

· Or there is different methodology so that XHTML file will be directly seen in these devices or any other device.

Waiting for your suggestion and advice.

Regards,

Saurabh

Regular Contributor

Solustions

Dear Saurabh,
    if you want to creat XHTML applicaiton run at PDA or other device 1st before that you must know if that PDA is support for XHTML or not or is still WML for make sure that please read documentation at pda.com for more information.
    If you would created dynmaic you can created that at WML and XHTML is can running by check 1st run application to make script detection what is cleint browse which one they used, after u have list technology can they support you can redirect your client at WML or XHTML.
    I hope it can answer your question.

reply...

First of all I suggest you to use nokia mobile internet toolkit, could be usefull

?Extension of any XHTML file is .html.

-----is .xhtml

?The question is if I want to see this XHTML file in PalmReader or in cell-phone/mobile whether some changes have to be done to meet that above criterias. (i.e should be valid as per DTD or follow OEB methodology)

----I don't no... there are different dtd, like transitional one or mobile one, but I think that the major problems coul came from diffreent browser that can't always support everithing and read the code in different ways....

?Or there is different methodology so that XHTML file will be directly seen in these devices or any other device.

----by now I tried to write some .xhtml and I can always read it with different browser (nokia ones or openware...)

I'm sorry if you were asking someting different from what I reply to you...

C ya.