Discussion Board

Super Contributor

BT Connectivity Pack & 6210

Hi,

I'm having major problems getting my Nokia 6210 with bluetooth battery to be recognised by my system as a modem. I'm running Windows 2000 Professional SP2 on a Compaq Armada M700 with all updates installed from Windows Update.

I've installed the DTL-1 with the Bluetooth Software Suite and all the drivers. The problems I'm having are:

BTSWS will recognise the 6210 and I can make a DUN connection in BTSWS (by dragging the DUN icon from the Local Services bar to the 6210 icon) to the 6210 (The 6210 indicated that a data accessory has been connected and the BT symbol displays at the top of the screen).

The modem set-up utility cannot find the 6210 to install as a modem despite the DUN connection having been made in BTSWS!

I diagnostic check in the BT Configuration utility in Control Panel either results in an error message (dgaBTControlCen.exehas generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created) or the loopback test if it does run just results in constant errors where the loopback errors equal the loopback count!

I'm about to give up with this and send the whole thing back as I suspect that there either may be a hardware problem or it just doesn't work full stop.

Help/suggestions appreciated!

Posted by Simon Guilliard, simon@guilliard.com
    on March 25, 2002 at 18:47

Super Contributor

RE: BT Connectivity Pack & 6210

Posted by Jong Dante, jongot@vodafone.net.nz
    on April 11, 2002 at 14:17

Hi. After you install you BT software, install your 6210 bt modem and choose a certain serial port available on your pc then when you do a connection/partnership bet your phone & pc, choose the serial port where you installed the modem.

If you want more info...feel free to email me.

Cheers,