Discussion Board

N30 Unable to know if there is an activated SIM card or there is not a SIM card

Hello

Ive been studying the AT command "AT+CPIN", and i notice that the modem N30 returns the same information in two different cases:

When there is not a SIM card inserted, the modem returns:
    at+cpin?
    +CPIN: READY

OK

And when there is a SIM card and the PIN was already sent (the modem is registered), then the modem returns the same.

I would like to be able to differenciate these two situations in some way, could anybody help me? is there another AT command I could use to view the real situation?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.

Regular Contributor
    Hello,

When the reponse is READY, this equls to "ME is not pending for any password"

This situation is applicable to both N30 registered SIM and N30 without SIM.

Please find more information in Nokia 30 GSM Connectivity Terminal AT Command Guide v2.0 (http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,6566,1_70_70,00.html)

BR,

M2M support

Well, in the Nokia 30 GSM Connectivity Terminal AT Command Guide v2.0 ive found that the command 'AT+CPIN?' can returns +CME ERROR when it doesnt have the SIM inserted.

+CME ERROR: 10

(ME does not have a SIM connected to it)

What it happens is that in the Nokia30, i dont get this error, and according to the manual i should get it, right?

Regular Contributor
    Thanks Carlos,

You have been of great help with your tests. We have now had a look in detail this issue and found an error with corrective actions.

Best Regards

M2M support