Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Nokia 9210 PC Suite & Nokia 9210 issues

Dear Nokia:
    I need your help, please with the following problems I am currently facing with my new Nokia 9210.
    -----------------------------------------------
    [1] Import Contacts File (Nokia 9110 to Nokia 9210):
    How I can transfer my "contacts.000" file from my old Nokia 9110 to my new Nokia 9210 (*.txt file format). When I tried to use the upgrade software; I was not able to transfer my original contacts file.

I tried to export my 9110 contacts file (contacts.000) to a text file using MS-Word (save as); but it did not work. Then, I used a UNIX program called [Strings] to export the file; and I managed to get a txt file. But the new file again was not imported by Nokia 9210 PC Suite. (upgrade software). (0 records imported)

I believe Nokia MUST have an way for this normal & easy ways .. !!!!!!

[2] Nokia 9210 Display fonts (i.e. display font not fonts within Office Applications):
    Initially, I tried to install an Arabic font -I did not like- so I removed the application. BUT the Nokia 9210 fonts never rest itself to the original font. My current display font is not good & clear. How I can rest my display font or how I can change the font.

[3] Nokia 9210 PC Suite:
    I am using Nokia 9210 PC Suite Rev. 1.02 with Windows ME on COM1 (Serial Cable connection), But I found that my connection goes down every 1 or 2 min.
    I checked my cables, and all my settings, and every things looks OK. Do you have any idea what is wrong?

Note: I must say that the OLD PC suite of Nokia 9110 is far better and easy to use than the PC suite of Nokia 9210 (??)

[4] Outlook Express:
    How I can use Outlook Express with Nokia 9210 ? How I can import my contacts & files from Outlook Express to Nokia 9210?

Posted by Mahmoud El-Deeb, mdeeb@emiartes.net.ae
    on January 03, 2002 at 11:21

Super Contributor

RE: Nokia 9210 PC Suite & Nokia 9210 issues

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support, communicator.developer@nokia.com
    on January 03, 2002 at 12:45

Hi,

Here are some quick answer for your questions, please download and read the N9210 User's guide for more information.

1- Run the program called Data mover from the Extra application group. Remember to set your own options to what you wish to be imported. (There is no application which can convert the contact database into .txt format)

2- It is not clear to me of what you have done to change the system font. However, you can download fonts (from Product Support / Nokia 9210 Comunicators/Download) and reinstall it into your device.

3- PC Suite link will be disconnected if the communicator is switched to system lock state, which timming is about 2 mins as default. Please check and set the time interval longer.

4- Use Email / Contact synchronisation from the PC Suite for Nokia 9210 Communicator.

Regards
    FN Developer Support

Super Contributor

RE: Nokia 9210 PC Suite & Nokia 9210 issues

Posted by Petr Vesely, vesely@agora.cz
    on January 03, 2002 at 19:22

Hi.
    If you want to use Upgrade Software plug-in for this you have to create txt Contacts file via Import/Export application either in N9110 or in PC Suite for N9110. Creating txt file from 000 file has no use. Then you can import it using Upgrade Software module.
    PV

Re: Nokia 9210 PC Suite & Nokia 9210 issues

I also need help, please.

I have a Nokia 9210 and an IR port. This is my first time I am connecting my 9210 to a computer. I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. I installed PC Suite 2.11, 5.1, and 6.8 but all three pc suite cannot detect my 9210.

My IR is working as other nokia phones are being detected. My 9210's IR is working since Windows IR has detected the presence of the 9210 and I have also tried transefering files from PC to phone.

Hope you can give insights on whats wrong and what to do.

Thanks,
    Raymund

Re: Nokia 9210 PC Suite & Nokia 9210 issues

I try to transfer excel file from nokia 9210 to pc.
    It does the copy.
    But when I press the button convert on pc it says : Pc suite was unable to convert aaa.xls because the file could not be found.
    Please help.
    Why?
    I have installed pc suite 211 inside my computer and office 2000.