Discussion Board

Point-to-Point Data Call via modem.

Hi,

what I want is to do the following: i want to write an symbian application, that calls another mobile phone. then i want to send some strings from phone 1 to phone 2. is this possible?

i had a look at the the dailer example in the sdk 1.2, but i can't figure out how to send data through the established connection.

i also read some similar threads in this forum, but i didn't get a solution. i also got the book "symbian os cmmunications programming", that doesn't help me too.

/geri-m

Super Contributor
    Basically, you can make a data call between two phones. Once the call has been established, you can do message passing between two phones.

Of course, another solution is to use a traditional message SMS. You can design your own SMS client on the phones to received the messages.

Liuxg
    Forum Nokia

dailer

hi,

i just had a look at the dailer example. now i can establish a call to another phone. but i could'nt figure out, how to send messages. I couldn't find a possibility to send data with RCall or RLine.

which component do i have to use to send and receive the data, when the call is estabiled? a serial connection perhaps? and how does the serial conneciton know, that it has to send the data to the modem? questions over questions ...

perhaps somebody has got a piece of code und could post it?

tnx in advance, geri-m