Discussion Board

ways of drawing immutable images (stored as png file on device/disk) for 60 series.

doctordwarf;
    From all doc i read, seen example code and your code
    I got two ways to draw immutable images (stored as png file on device/disk) for 60 series.

1) Using traditional graphics
    Steps:
    (a) Create mutable image from immutable by Image.creatrImage(immutableimg.getWidt()h,immutableimg.getHeight(),0xFFFF)

b)Then directly draw new instace of mutable image using drawImage() of current Graphics object.

2)Using DirectGraphics

(a) Get DirectGraphics object from current

b)Then directly draw new instace of mutable image using drawImage() of DirectGraphics object.

3) By loading img in binary,short or int arrays

a) load img file by Inputstream

b) find height and width by reading first two index of array

c) read the array till width*height indices stores each one in a temp array.

d) draw this image stored in array by DirectGraphics 's drawImage.

Pl correct me if I am wrong

Now my questions:

1) in last method how u predefine your size of array if my img dim is 15*15

Super Contributor
    Hmmm... I get the feeling I'm entering a long conversation half-way through...

What are you trying to do? Convert a mutable Image object into an immutable one, or convert an immutable Image object into a mutable one? Or something else?

Graham.

grahamhughes : Pl see for detils

Hi grahamhughes;
    Let me explain U in details.
    I have One png image with dim 15*15 and file size 973 bytes ( as it seen on win2k's windows explorer).
    I want to draw this img on canvas of nokia 60 series using all possible methods so as to clear my doubtes regarding drawoing images on N60 series.

I tried my self many ways and then i posted my queries for three four times for help as my own experiment didnot worked out. I am game developer and i tried this ways on N40 series and they worked positively on N40 series.

By help of doctordwarf & shomove ;
    I tried their implemention for drawing images on N60 but that also didn't work.

So what i did on last query is;
    what I explain all four ways i had tried for drawing image and wanted to know whether they r write or wrong. As they all didn't work they all seems wrong but why is questions?

My image is immutable bcoz when i create object of it and makes System.out.println of it it shows immutableImage and some reference digits follows.

I ned some serious help on this topic as it is pending from last five days and i want to wrap it up.
    Thanks in advance
    -Hemal