Discussion Board

6210 bugs and support from Nokia

I want to inform, that 6210 (probably 7110 and 6310 and new phones too) has interesting bug: save SMS to SIM (even with older phone like 6110) or phone memory (via cable/irda) and try to forward it to another phone. It works, but now always correct. It means: it lost UDH header and you can't send saved logo or ringtone, etc. correctly. I can understand: sms from phone memory, but from SIM ?

I wrote about this bug few times to Nokia (Nokia Poland, feedback to biuletyn) and silence. If somebody from Nokia will contact me via email (marcin-wiacek@topnet.pl), I can show also other bugs existing in other models. Again, and again :-(((. I will try to post some of them here, but it's very difficult for me because of weak net connection. So, Nokia guys, please connect via email :-))) Some of these bugs are described on my www (http://marcin-wiacek.topnet.pl), there is also available mygnokii2 software there. Maybe Nokia will give some support for it ?

BTW, for such bugs (SMS should work always OK !) should be phones given ;-))))) (with discount) and quality will improve ;-))))))

Super Contributor

RE: 6210 bugs and support from Nokia

Hi,

> It means: it lost UDH header and you can't send saved logo or ringtone, etc. correctly.

This is the way it works and will work in the future. Logos and ringingtones etc. are protected content which can't be forwarded in any way. So it's not a bug, it's a feature implemented in purpose.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hi,

> > It means: it lost UDH header and you can't send
    > > saved logo or ringtone, etc. correctly.
    > This is the way it works and will work in the future.
    > Logos and ringingtones etc. are protected content which
    > can't be forwarded in any way. So it's not a bug,
    > it's a feature implemented in purpose.

1'st: if this is made specially, phone shouldn't send such sms and inform user. In send as test. What if I will send to phone from another city and don't check, if was received correctly ?

2'nd: not every SMS with UDH header is ringtone or logo. Maybe I need it for own business ?

3'nd: at least forwarding from SIM should work. Phone shouldn't decide, if my SIM sms are "protected" or not.

Summary: this is BUG !

4'nd: I checked "E-mail me whenever an answer is posted " and didn't received email

5'nd: I can't reply to reply...

Marcin

Super Contributor

Hi,

I still don't understand what you actually mean with this. You save SMS to the phone or SIM which is recieved via cable/irda?? How exactly do you recieve SMS via irda/cable?? How do you try to send saved logo or ringingtone from the 6210?? As far as I know, it's not possible.

I send several SMS's to the 6210 v.4.08, and forwarded those and all of those were ok.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hi,

> I still don't understand what you actually mean with this.
    > You save SMS to the phone or SIM which is recieved via
    > cable/irda?? How exactly do you recieve SMS via irda/cable??
    > How do you try to send saved logo or ringingtone from
    > the 6210?? As far as I know, it's not possible.
    > I send several SMS's to the 6210 v.4.08, and forwarded
    > those and all of those were ok.

OK. I will explain thing again to show problem:

1.put your SIM card for example into 6110 or 6130 or 6150 or 5110 or 5130

2.save 8 bit SMS with UDH header (can be, for example, ringtone or logo - but it doesn't have to be; it can be also different SMS type with different UDH and contenst)

3.forward this SMS to your phone - you will see nice "ringtone received" or "xxxx logo received" (when saved as in example ringtone or logo).

4.put the same SIM with the same SMS to 6210 (any 6210 - even with 5.56)

5.use "Forward" from phone menu and forward to your phone

6.instead of (for example) "ringtone received" or "xxxx logo received" you will see "1 sms message received". When try to read it from SIM using cable/irda or whatever, you will see that it's damaged.

Could you contact me with someone, who is interested in more such bugs, please ? I'm a student and there is big problem for me in access to this www. The best, is somebody can contact me via email (marcin-wiacek@topnet.pl). To see, that I don't want waste time from anyone, please visit http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/. You will find for example mygnokii and mygnokii2 project there. It's free GNU project. The main target of it is creating software for people with Linux only for normal using their Nokia phones. I'm NOT interested in illegal things like changing IMEI. I want only to have better phones and help in this. So, please contact me with somebody, who know GSM specs and will understand me. Please use email (I repeat: I can't visit this site - it needs too long time for me).

If you can, please also show this text to somebody who develop source under GNU in Nokia. Maybe Nokia will be able to support somehow gnokii and gnokii related projects ? For example, by contacting their developers with people, who can explain some protocol things or by showing some descriptions or by selling some phones with discount (without charger, battery - it's possible to use them from old models) for developers ?

Thank you

Marcin

Shame, that nobody answers for it, although IT'S BUG.... No answer on Monday - no support from Nokia ? ;-(((((. I hope, somebody will contact me this week....

And please don't say, it's feature. SIM is mine and I want to be able to send SMS from it. All SMS like in old phones.