Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Dialling a data call

In the SDK header files there is the RNetDial class. It looks like it could be used for dialling but unfortunately netdial.h file has a comment saying the class is undocumented and will be removed. So naturally I'd like to know what would be the correct way of initializing a data call in a similar fashion so that I could override any possible default settings in the CommDb. Alternatively I'd be happy if someone could show me how to use the CommDbOverrideSettings. I understand that it might be used somewhere to define my own settings for a network connection. The SDK docs just do not tell how or where it should be used. Has anyone tried to use RSocket::Connect without using the default ISP? I'd be happy to receive any info in that area.

regards
    er

Posted by erkki riekkola, erkki.riekkola@iclinvia.com
    on January 21, 2002 at 22:44

Super Contributor

RE: Dialling a data call

Posted by Jukka Silvennoinen, jukka@thaiwapportal.com
    on January 22, 2002 at 10:58

I think it's agains a good behaviour of any program to change any communication settings without users knowledge.

And if I remember right it's also against nokias programming practices and could mean that your application wouldn't be able to get Nokia OK. I think you should make a help file or any other way to tell the user to change the setting and select that communication channel when using you connunications app.