Discussion Board

Sound Recording with Series 60 SDK 2.0 & 6600 Mobile phone

I have problems with sound recording in Series 60 SDK 2.0
    I want to specify the codec and the file format when recording sound. There is a problem with the function:

CMdaAudioRecorderUtility::OpenFileL(
    const TDesC& aFileName,
    TUid aRecordControllerUid,
    TUid aPlaybackControllerUid=KNullUid,
    TUid aFormatUid=KNullUid,
    TFourCC aCodec=NULL)

1. What values should I use to specify aRecordControllerUid and aPlaybackControllerUid parameters? I have found these constants in the header files:
    KUidInterfaceMMFAudioRecordController
    KUidInterfaceMMFAudioPlayController
    Are they the correct values? What happened if I specify KNullUid values, will the MMF use the default controllers? is this correct?
    2. What value should I use to specify aFormatUid parameter? I have found KMmfUidFormatWAVWrite (and some other similar) defined values. May I use TUid::Uid(KMmfUidFormatWAVWrite) to specify this value?

3. Should I set sample rate and bit rate (with SetDestinationBitRateL and SetDestinationSampleRateL functions) when recording the sound? If so when I should do this? After calling the OpenFileL()?

I am totally confused. Please advice, give one working example of this function call. Thanks.

Regards,

David

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

Try OpenL() function instead, it seems a lot easier to use. Some help might be found from here:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ht=%2AOpenL%2A

Note that CMdaAudioType is now empty class, so you'll need to have format, codec & other settings as separate variables.

yucca