Discussion Board

Anyone with a nokia 3330? Can anyone help me to copy phone memory to the sim?

I managed to bugger up my screen, which means I can't see my phone numbers that are saved to my phone memory. I have got all my sim phone numbers and now need to copy across the phone ones.

I'm currently using a 3310, which doesn't have storage for phone numbers on the phone, so I can't use that to work out what to do. I've been told that this is how I copy across the phone memory to the sim:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.From the standard screen press the menu key
    2. Scroll down to Phonebook, then press Select
    3. Scroll down to Copy, then press Select
    4. Scroll down to from Phone to Sim Card, then press Select.
    5. Scroll down to copy all, then select
    6. Highlight keep original, then press select
    7. After 10 seconds or so Select OK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the problem is that I am doing this blind and with no guidelines I can't just guess it. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone in pocession of one of these or knew someone with one, could help out by just doing the above and jotting down what I have to do. For example if I press menu first then press down 3 times then menu again and then enter etc.

Unfortunatly I don't have the manual, otherwise this would have been very easy to find out. Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Paul

Re: Anyone with a nokia 3330? Can anyone help me to copy phone memory to the sim?

Im having exactly the same trouble you speak of, and can't find this 'copy' option.

Phone book is menu item 1,

1-1 is Search
    1-2 is service nos.
    1-3 is Add name
    1-4 is Erase; 1-4-1 is one by one, 1-4-2 is all
    1-5 is edit
    1-6 is assign tone
    1-7 is send b'card
    1-8 is options; 1-8-1 type of view; 1-8-2 is memory staus
    1-9 is speed dials
    1-10 is voice tags

You can access these menus by unlocking, then pressing the navi-key and typing the numbers for the corresponding menu you wish to go to; eg, pressing navi-key then 5, 2, 5 will turn the volume up to full. Navi key, then 12, 1, 2, 5 takes you to the personalise the general profile's message tone.

When I check my memory status, it says that my sim card is in use but the numbers do not appear in my other phone when I put the simn in it. I also am unable to find anything that refers to the phone having memory itself for this purpose...

I think we're flogging a dead horse mate.

Rick