Discussion Board

MMC2 and awb format issues

The awb files made in the new (or old) MMC2 do not work. It even saves them now as awb but the Nokia 3300 cannot play them. Says it canot open the file.
    Then when I take an awb file that plays fine in the phone (the files were pre installed into the phones memory card) and try opening them in the converter the software says that it is Unsupported or Corrupted file...
    What is causing this?
    What format do I need?
    Somebody please answer...

Super Contributor
    Hi,

I made an AMR-WB file with MMC 2.0 and downloaded it to 3300 and it worked fine. You do know that the only way to get the AMR-WB files to 3300 is to use WAP download or send it in MMS message. You cannot use Nokia Audio Manager to transfer those.

You also cannot take the AMR-WB files out from the MMC. Well, you can but you cannot use those anywhere else, since the files are encrypted with the MMC ID. That's the reason why MMC cannot open them.

You should also notice that max. AMR-WB file size in WAP download is 64 kB.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

MMC2 and awb format issues

Thanks that does explain why the files taken out form the phone do not work.
    But, I did download a Tarzan yell (an awb made with MMC2) that is only 12kb and it does not make a sound when playid in the phone..

Super Contributor
    Hi,

But, I did download a Tarzan yell (an awb made with MMC2) that is only 12kb and it does not make a sound when playid in the phone..
    I did a test with the file you send me and it worked ok in my 3300. What is the software version you're running in your 3300?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia