Discussion Board

Program icon for 6600

Anyone knows where/how to create a program icon for a Java application for display on the Nokia 6600 phone?

Pls help.

Thanks!

Super Contributor
    You include the icon in your jar. And you specify that you want to use it as an icon in the jad. There are two attributes for the icon. There's the MIDlet icon attribute, and there's the second element of the MIDlet-n attribute.

shmoove

Yep, that's how to include that to jar & jad, but how to get that working on 660

I have app that works correctly on 7210, 3650, 7650...e tc.. app icon shows correctly, but put that same binary to 6600, and on menu/desk the icon is shown, but while runnig the app, top-left corner, where the iconis supposed to be is empty, not even the ugly puzzle-piece..

Any ideas, or is this addition to the long list of bugs in 6600?

P_s

Super Contributor
    Any ideas, or is this addition to the long list of bugs in 6600?
    Might be. I don't have a 6600 to confirm, but if you have one of the early firmwares then it's a safe bet.

shmoove

Hi psomerka, could you please share how exactly you did it. I cannot even show the icon on 'menu'.

My code in jad file is as follows:

MIDlet-1: Testprog, /icons/face.png, c.b
    MIDlet-Icon: /icons/face.png

BTW, my 6600 firmware is v3.42.1

Thanks!

did it just like you..

I had similar stuff on my jad, exept that I had the icon file on the root of the JAR, not under any folder, if that has any meaning.. I just have done it always like that for nor apparent reason... I actually even installed the app without the jad and had a row like this in the /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

MIDlet-1: TestApp,/icon.png, org.TestApp

I've seeing the same problem of not having the customized icon for my MIDlet app on the Nokia 6620 even though I've specified the similar way as mentioned in the forum below. Is there a better way of having our own icon showing up on new Series 60 devices nowadays for Java app? Thanks in advance.

MIDlet-1: QuoTrek, /mccodebaseimg.png,
    MIDlet-Icon: /mccodebaseimg.png

- Brian

This must be a very simple answer since I cannot find it anywhere, but how do you add the icon image to the "root" of the jar file? I have no idea hot to get the image into the jar file somewhere so it can be referanced by the jad file properly. I appreciate any help.