Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Help for Game Developers??

I am interested in developing games for Nokia 9210 & 7650 mobile phones, but I can't find any single piece of information here for game developers, except the Nokia style guides for games UI ....Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction....Moreover I find to know about the technical; specifications of these phones in order to understand the underlying technology I will be developing games for coz it helps in many ways...somebody plz guide me where to go next???

Posted by Nouman Hanif, mailnomi@yahoo.com
    on February 11, 2002 at 23:59

Super Contributor

RE: Help for Game Developers??

Posted by Roger Campos, code_roger@hotmail.com
    on February 12, 2002 at 00:42

I say,
    read, and study the Graphics, Animation examples that come with Series60 SDK for 7650 and then read and adapt source code for PC game developement, such as those in www.gamasutra.com or www.gamedev.net

However, the real problem is that somebody out there (Nokia?) should really provide a Game and a more comprehensive Graphics API so that it is quicker and easier to develop games.

Try especially old source code examples for 386 or 486 PC, when graphics hardware acelleration did not exist for the mass-market. This way you can adapt in easly to Symbian.