Discussion Board

T9 input / font question

Hi, I'm working on a chat application for my 6800 phone. Noticing the many issues with customizability in MIDP 1.0, like not being able to set font sizes for standard high-level UI elements, I'm thinking I'll have to simply use a *Canvas and draw the UI elements myself, possibly using a toolkit like the Synclast UI. However, from what I can tell, there's no way to access T9 input without actually using MIDP's high-level UI elements, which means I either have to give up T9 input (not necessarily a problem-- the 6800 does have a QWERTY keyboard) or resort to high-level interfaces with their large font sizes.

The one exception to this I see is Nokia's Email application on the 6800. The composer window uses small font size and does not have the title segment of the window like I expect from high-level MIDP classes. It also accepts T9 text entry. Does anyone know how this was accomplished, and is it possible to access this from the developer's point of view?

Super Contributor
    I haven't seen that application, but by your description I'd say it's not a MIDP app.

shmoove