Discussion Board

How to install a Jar on 7600 without OTA?

We are trying to install a MIDlet on a Nokia 7600. Since we are based in the U.S. and it operates only on 900/1800, OTA is not an option for this phone.

But after Bluetooth-ing the Jar and Jad files to the phone, saving them in a folder, and opening, we get the error alert: "File format not supported" followed by "No valid usage rights".

For what it is worth, the same error occurs with several MIDlets, all of which run in the 7600 emulator and have been installed and run on other Nokia phones.

Anyone else had this problem? Has anyone installed a MIDlet on their 7600 device, over http or otherwise?

same problem

I'm trying to do the same thing, I tried over IR, the files show up in received files but I cannot install it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello,

if anyone has an answer to this, please let me know as we are trying to do the same thing and can't get the game to install. Yet, on nokia's site, they say we can install game with bluetooth (http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,6566,015_68,00.html)

Best,

You should try PC Suite for this phone model. That' kind'a official way of installing stuff.

You can also try Nokia Developer Suite.
    I had one Nokia phone without PC Suite available. That phone also didn't allow installing by sending files over IR, but sometimes it allowed installation with NDS.

Regular Contributor
    I had a similar problem with the 7600, I tried directly Bluetoothing and Infrareding to the phone but it wouldn't work. I used PC Suite (as doctordwarf also suggested) and that works fine.