Discussion Board

troubles to download my app

Hi, I did a little app what works fine on WTK, but to test on a real phone then make a wap site and put .jad and .jar to download OTA on my Nokia 7250. When try the dowload have a "unknown format" message. I read another related question at this forum and check size homogenity (.jar size equal to .jad specification). Another hints are about MIME parameters, but I dont know first if I can modify this, and second where must find this data (i'm hosting jar and jad files at brinkster.com, and wml file at tagtag.com). Too check that in .jad appear MIDP 1.0 (I believe 7250 is a 40 serie phone). Well, I'm lost. Thanks in advance and sorry my english.

Mario

Super Contributor
    It's definitely the MIME type issue. You'll need to ask brinkster to define the appropiate MIME type for jad and jar (I reckon they might already have jar defined, since it is quite common, but not jad).
    But I believe that tagtag, being a wireless-oriented site, will already have the proper MIME type definitions, so maybe you should just upload the game there instead of brinkster (if it is possible).

shmoove

Two more questions

Thanks a lot shmoove. I put my jar & jad files in brinkster and .wml in tagtag because tagtag.com don't let me upload java apps. Two questions more, ¿where specifically must see and perhaps change MIME parameters? and finally ¿You know a good free hosting to test apps?
    Regards,

Mario

Super Contributor
    I don't know of any free servers that support those MIME types. Maybe someone else has a clue.

I didn't exactly understand your first question (I'm seeing some chinese chars there), but in case you're asking how to set up the MIME types, it's been asked a lot so it's just a matter of searching through some other threads here.

shmoove