Discussion Board

Testing XHTML w/ N6600 via Bluetooth?

I have a Linux/Apache server on a private network. My workstation has a Bluetooth stack and it is able to make a TCP/IP gateway through it. I would like to test my XHTML application using my N6600 phone and its XHTML browser.

Since I cannot access the server over the GPRS connection, I thought I could add my workstation's Bluetooth gateway as an access point for XHTML browsing and this way access the server on the private network from the phone. But obviously there is no way to do this, I have just the GPRS and the GSM access points.

Do I really need to install an emulator on my workstation? Will it be the same than my phone's browser?

Cheers,

Canne

Bluetooth - Testing

I have exactly the same question, testing with real devices is maybe one of the biggest issues for developers at the moment.

Maybe someone from Nokia can say something about it.

thanks
    thomas

It has been done...

Somebody has done the (reverse) Bluetooth connection and explains it on

http://www.mobiledia.com/forum/topic6607.html

(you may have to register to read the message).

Unfortunately, it was a n3650 and I could not repeat it with my n6600.

I reckon that everything needed to the direct TCP/IP connection is on the phone but that it is not documented. It would be against the telephone operators' interest that people would surf on the web over their WiFi or over their high speed Internet connection when at home.

Good grief, I just realized that I will be ejected from this forum because of what I said above. So long, folks!

Canne

big help!

thank you very much

yes nokia have removed this feature from the 6600 in order to boost the carriers profits. You can no longer use tcp/ip thru the bluetooth/irda connection via mrouter as u could with the 3650/7650

shame