Discussion Board

RMS settings doen`t save, when terminating application with Red Button.

Hi, everyone!

I`m saving game settings(sound on/off) and others in RMS. I write them not at the end of game but on user selection(I properly open and close RecordStore). So when user select some settings, all changes are saved in RMS. And all is ok, except of one thing. When I terminate the game not normally, but using button with red phone hang(as I understood it terminates application immediately) all settings in RMS are seemed to be not saved. it happened only when I close application with this button. What shall I do to have all settings saved in any case?

Thank you a lot.

Super Contributor
    Have you tried saving the data in destroyApp() or something similar.

shmoove

But the thing is, that data is already saved. It is something like "rollback" in databases. Of course, it`s impossible, I don`t think that instead of writing in RMS data is stored in RAM and is written in RMS only on application exiting. But how to explain the so strange thing? Why should I do something on appDestroy() if I wrote all necessary data in RMS in proper moment(on user interaction, and it has no connection with exiting the game) and I can normally read them from RMS? It`s really strange.

Thank you for reply.

Super Contributor
    But the thing is, that data is already saved.
    Are you closing all the RecordStores after you finish saving? I think that's when the data actually gets written to the file. If you leave a RecordStore open when the application exits the data will be lost.
    Also, I think I remember a few posts a while back mentioning a bug with the RMS in one of the series 40 phones. Maybe this is your case. Try searching the forum to see if it applies to you.

shmoove

But I checked, I close RecordStore after each opening. So maybe it`s a RMS bug.

salmira