Discussion Board

Super Contributor

How to Develop C++ Application for Symbian

Sir,
    I have got SDK for C++, But i am not able to get how to develop application through C++. I use MEAD Tool for creating a project but the problem is this when i build the project in MEAD its shows a dialog box, which displayed those files are created like .cpp, .rss and for Project workspace like, .dsw & .dsp but when i search for the .dsw & .dsp in the my system it shows that file is not found and without .dsw & .dsp file how can i go further. so please if you have any detail about it please help me so i can develop a good application for symbian.

Posted by Anil Yadav, elegant_anil@bharatmail.com
    on February 16, 2002 at 13:27

Super Contributor

RE: How to Develop C++ Application for Symbian

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support, communicator.developer@nokia.com
    on February 18, 2002 at 08:59

Hi,

Please refer to the SDKs Help documentation and search for the MEAD topic, you will find a page telling how to build a MEAD generated application.

Wish you a good start with Symbian!

FN Developer Support

Super Contributor

RE: How to Develop C++ Application for Symbian

Posted by Jon Smith, jon@mail.com
    on February 20, 2002 at 10:29

Using the command prompt, go to the "group" directory of the application that has been generated by MEAD. Within there should be an abld.bat file (if there isn't type "bldmake bldfiles" to create it). Now type "abld makefile vc6" - this will create the VC6 workspace and project files into the <EPOCROOT>epoc32\build\... directory. It may be that MEAD did this all correctly for you but, seeing as it just calls command line tools, in doing this you will find out whether command line generation works and whether you have some environment issue that needs sorting out for MEAD to work properly.