Discussion Board

SyncML on N-Gage

H guys, do you have any idea wether the N-Gage actually supports SyncML? It's not listed on the specs here, but on some cellphone review sites SyncML is listed as one of the features in the phone. Or is SyncML support just like w/ the 3300 (w/ for US, w/o for European version).

Also, if it does not have one, since the N-Gage is a Series-60 phone, would the same RemoteSync app used for the 3650 and 7650 work with N-Gage?

According to EBgames.com addition spec sheet located in the bottom left hand corner if you click "click here" SyncML is supported

Evan Alter

hi hadees,

Well, I saw a lot of websites that lists that the 3300 (European) supports SyncML but on any of Nokia's site, there's no mention of SyncML support. And it just so happens that the European Nokia 3300 really does not support SyncML when I got hold of one.

So I assume this is also the case for the N-Gage... SyncML is not in the list of supported features in any of the sites of Nokia, so I conclude N-Gage does not support SyncML at all.

hmm really? seems like false advertising then. I would guess though I couldn't be all that hard for them to add it to the N-gage though simply because it runs so much code already. Mabey it will be available in the future.

Evan Alter

N-Gage does support Syncml

Hi

The N-Gage does support syncml. The sync application does not come on the phone you have to load it from the CD that comes in the box.

Why nokia did not put it on the phone is beyond me. But the sync works just like the 3650 ( infact you get the 3650 sync client ).

For instuctions on setting it up go to www.phonesaved.com then click on sign up then choose N-Gage. You will then see instructions for loading the software on the phone.

I use the N-Gage an i sync it with this service and it all works fine.

p