Discussion Board

Thread: nokia 7650

Super Contributor

nokia 7650

hi everyone

can anyone tell me where i can find examples (hello world for example) of how to program, build and run for the nokia 7650 in c++. there seem to be alot of them for java but none for c++.

thanks all,
    Mara

Posted by Mara B. Bjrnsdttir, mariabj@simnet.is
    on February 24, 2002 at 19:05

Super Contributor

RE: nokia 7650

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support, communicator.developer@nokia.com
    on February 25, 2002 at 14:40

In the SDK help you can find developer's guide, which helps you to get started with 7650 programming. It includes a "Hello World"-type example. In the SDK there are also several example programs under NokiaEx that you can get started with.

Developer Support, Forum Nokia

RE: nokia 7650

Hi,

Its true that the SDK help includes a "Hello World" type example. Anyway its a little hard to understand since the example is reffering to files that is located in the <path>\epoc32ex\Helloworld folder, and those files doesnt exist in the current version (0.3) of Series 60 SDK for Symbian OS. That makes it pretty hard to guess whats in for example the HelloWorld.mmp file, since the target group is first time developers.

I agree that it would be a good idea to include that in the next version and until its released you might just put the example files on some download section. Especially since its supposed to be a very simple program it wouldnt take you an awful lot of time to put up a downloadable version of the Hello World example. I think it would be a lot of help for all of us that are new to symbian developing.

Regards,

Henrik