Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cannot Run AIFBuilder - Ravi

I have installed Nokia Symbian SDK but am not able to run AIFBuilder due to the following error.

Files cannot be generated - error occurred creating AIF file. Check that aiftool.exe is accessible and that the environment variable EPOCRoot
    is defined correctly.

Kindly help me with what i can do

Posted by Ravi Shanker, ravionweb@onebox.com
    on March 01, 2002 at 09:56

Super Contributor

RE: Cannot Run AIFBuilder - Ravi

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support, communicator.developer@nokia.com
    on March 01, 2002 at 16:40

The solution to this lies in the paths. Your EPOCRoot should point to the directory where you have your EPOC32 -folder, for instance.

If you have installed your SDK in the root directory or have created a subst to that directory, EPOCRoot should be \ and nothing else.

If you have installed both Crystal SDK and Series 60 SDK, you have to be more careful with the paths.

Developer Services, Forum Nokia

Re: Cannot Run AIFBuilder

Hi,

I have the S60 3rd Edition SDK installed(on both Vista and Windows XP)and i can't get the aifbuilder to run.

Error message is File does not exist' c:/symbian/9.1/s60_3rd/epoc32/tools/aifbuilder/aifbuilder.jar

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Cratosa

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Cannot Run AIFBuilder

AS you can see, the last post on this thread was made 8 years ago, thus there are really no point on bumbing it back up. Also you do not use aif files with 3rd ed applications anymore, so you do not need AIF builder for anything really.

Re: Cannot Run AIFBuilder - Ravi

Oh! Thanks for that bit of info!. I'm a newbie in the mobile app industry. How can i then make my .aif and .app files in S60 3rd ed?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Cannot Run AIFBuilder - Ravi

there are no aif or app files with 3rd ed anymore, please do read porting guides from 2nd ed to 3rd ed, or simply start with getting started materials for 3rd ed development. also do remember to read platform security documentations, they would also help on getting started.