Discussion Board

Thread: SMS Application

SMS Application

i want to make an application that sends SMS, i used the SMS demo that is included in the WTK20 , but it doesnt work on the nokia 3300 emulator, although it is WMA1.0 enabled, it gives me eapplication error on the emulator " cannot create class in system package"
    so can anyone of u help me with this problem?
    thnx in advance

Super Contributor
    You're including some javax.* classes in your jar (I guess it's the javax.wireless.messaging.* classes). You don't have to include these classes since they are already installed on the phone. If you do include those classes (or any class in a java.* or javax.* package), you get that error.

shmoove

no i am not including any javax.class files in my jar , i extracted the jar file and it only contains the class files for the SMSDemo
    (SMSSender, SMSSend, SMSReceive, CBSreceive)
    i just want to tell u i am using the example included in the WTK20 so i didnt modify anything in it , but it is not working so if u have any solutions , or if u have any other example for sending SMS application plz tell me , or i can send u the source files to take a look and see what is wrong with them
    thnx alot
    also if i can contact u by mail cz it is faster than the forum, plz send me mail , and i will send u the files

Super Contributor
    I don't have any experience working with the WMA so I can't be of too much help there.
    But one thing I know is that a "Cannot create class in system package" has one of two reasons:
    1) The jar includes classes that are in the java.* or javax.* package trees. You say this isn't the case.
    2) You are importing a class from one of the system packages (again, that's java.* and javax.*) that is not installed on the phone.
    You say the application has a class called CBSreceive? I don't think that the 3300 has any support for CBS, so I would guess that the error comes from there (some import statement for a class that doesn't exist). Maybe if you try without that it will work.

shmoove