Discussion Board

Game Icon (Solution urgently required)

Hi everyone,

I'm a game developer. I've downloaded lotsa games from various sites on my handset. In most of the games I've seen that before the first screen appears, you see the name of the game on the top of the screen alongwith the game icon besides it. e.g Prince Of Persia. I really dunno hw to do this.

Cud anyone help me in putting up my game icon besides the game name. But remember here I'm not talkin' abt the Game Icon that appears in the Application List where you see all the games that are there on your handset, but I'm talkin' abt the game icon that appears on the top after you enter the game and before the game loads.

Are u talking about a general splash screen?

Yes I'm talkin' abt General Splash Screen.

Super Contributor
    There are a few directions you can take.
    If you set an icon for your MIDlet (in the MIDlet-n attribute of the jad), then that icon should appear next to the title on any Form you create. And you could also use an Alert which can receive an Image as a parameter to the contructor.

shmoove

Super Contributor
    If you took the two minutes to browse through the javadocs you could've found that yourself.

shmoove

Regular Contributor
    I use an Alert to Display an image when the game first loads for 2 seconds.

The image appears as a tiny spuare in the top right corner on Nokias and it is Fine on Siemens....

IS there something i may be doing wrong or is that just Nokias Implementation.

Will change from alert to something else as its not doing the Job.

Thanks
    Brian