Discussion Board

Retrieving Cell IDs: serving cell, strongest cell

Hi,
    we are developing a positioning method based on Cell IDs und LAC. So far it is no problem to retrieve the cell ID of the serving cell. To improve our method we would like to take into aacount the cell IDs and signal strengths of the neighbor cells.

Does anybody know how to get this information? In particular how to retrieve them in a symbian app.

Regards,

Peter

Re: Retrieving Cell IDs: serving cell, strongest cell

Peter,

Did you ever get an answer to this issue? I would like to access the same information but haven't been able to find anything in the SDK that shows how this can be done.

You would think the cell handover candidate list would be available somehow.

Let me know please.

Scott

Nokia Developer Moderator

AFAIK, required APIs are not in the public SDK, also they are not S60 APIs, thus you can not get them from Nokia API partnering, so the only option would be to do symbian partnering (or course you might want to contact their support and research the possible APIs first)

Quote Originally Posted by dornbusc View Post
    Hi,
    we are developing a positioning method based on Cell IDs und LAC. So far it is no problem to retrieve the cell ID of the serving cell. To improve our method we would like to take into aacount the cell IDs and signal strengths of the neighbor cells.

Does anybody know how to get this information? In particular how to retrieve them in a symbian app.

Regards,

Peter
    Hi dornbusc,

I have same problem with you,
    did you already succeed to retrieve the neighbor cell ids?
    would you mind to share that info with me such as article, source code or any reference?

Thank you in advance for your kindness, please help me

Saleem - Indonesia

cyborneo@yahoo.com

===========================
    www.fanaticgame.com
    www.4jj1.com
    =============================