Discussion Board

Build problem in VC environment

Hello

I am a beginner using Symbian. I am having problem building my first application. It's giving error .RSG file not found. Can any one tell me what this file is? When I created work space using abld makefile VC6 command the workspace is created in a different path. Please help.

Regards
    Sakshi

Regular Contributor
    IIRC, the .rsg is a generated file, and VC doesn't always build all these generated files for you. Best thing is to do a "abld build wins udeb" from the command line - this should create the file for you. From then on you can use VC as you'd expect.

As for where the project file gets created - you just have to get used to navigating the symbian file tree down the epoc32/BUILD directory... (you'll also get used to finding the epoc.exe file in the epoc32/release/wins/udeb directory for running the emulator from VC, and the epoc32/wins/c direcotry which is the c: drive of the emulator, and so on...)

Cheers
    Russell

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I tried building it from command prompt using abld build wins udeb and in release mode as well but I am getting an NMAKE error. Can you tell me how to rectify this?

Thanks and Regards
    Sakshi

I also have the same problem to compile helloworld. And don't know how to solve it till now :( Anyone had the same problem too? what is the name of program for compiling resources?

i notice that the process freeze when executing:

nmake -nologo -s -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYSMBIAN\6.1\SERIES60\EPOC32EX\HELLOWORLD\HELLOWORLD\WINS\HELLOWORLD.WINS" RESOURCEUDEB
    Last edited by soberanz; 2004-01-16 at 08:01.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Check this thread throw...I think the resource compilation dosen't succeed becase the environment isn't correctly installed.

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...nmake+error%2A