Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Nokia 6600 bluetooth RecvOneOrMore(..) needs a .15 sec delay before each call!!!

Hi,

I noticed my bluetooth Data receive code needs a delay of .15 sec before RecvOneOrMore(..) call in Nokia 6600. I call Receive from my RunL(..). Such delays where not needed in 3650 and 7650. If i dont give this delay RecvOneOrMore status returns an error! for the next recv. Why this. Because of this delay my bluetooth receive using 6600 is only 50% fast as 3650!. Is there some reason for this.

Looks like this delay is needed by 6600 to complete the previous receive!! But then why is the return status KErrNone the first recv if it dint complete it? But adding this small delay everything seem to work well!!
    But this is not acceptable as the transfer rate is only 50% of 3650.

I would appreciate anyone who can throw more light in to this.

void CSocket::Receive(TDes8& aText)
    {
    if (!IsActive())
    {
    TSockXfrLength reslen(0);
    AppUi->StartCommTimer(6,CWideRayBTAppUi::EReceiveFailed);
    {
    if(AppUi->Model == NOKIA6600_DEVICE)
    {
    RTimer timer;
    TRequestStatus timerStatus; // request status associated with timer
    timer.CreateLocal();
    timer.After(timerStatus,150000); // .15 sec wait
    User::WaitForRequest(timerStatus);
    }
    sock.RecvOneOrMore(aText,0,iStatus,reslen);
    }
    SetActive();
    }
    }

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

I haven't noticed any problems with BT in 6600. My app at least can do read/write operations when ever and with quite a lot of data going through.

anyway, I'm using the code compiled with SDK 1.2 in my 6600, haven't ever tried compiling it with 2.0, so dunno if there is any problems with the newer SDK.

yucca

Regular Contributor
    Hi yucca,

I use SDK 1.2, but my code still needed this delay of .15 sec!.

My code calls recv continuoulsy and there is a also a background animation indicating the download. Would you mind providing me the code you use to intialise BT socket and recv data in a loop? I would appreciate very much any help from you.

murali

Nokia Developer Moderator
    srry but really can't give any code at the moment, anyway I basically just build in in top of the point-to-point example, and all initialisation is basically taken strait from there.

yucca

What's the error you're getting?

Regular Contributor
    Hi rmuralidharan!
    Have you already found a solution to your problem? I have a hunch that this is caused by the buffer sizes in your sending application. How do you send your data and what are the buffer sizes? Do you send a filled-buffer, or are there any empty spaces in your buffer?