Discussion Board

is that the problem of FullCanvas?

I'm a young mobile game programmer, say "hello" to everyone who read this msg first.

A problem troubles me for a long time...you said it...FullCanvas of Nokia...

First. the game seems get no problem in the emulator of UI60, everything is fine...display...sound...state...everything...

**BUT...when I transmit it to the real mobile 7650, some display problems appear in a random situation. The method "setClip" dosen't work. the whole pic has been displayed without cutting by method "setClip" and appears in the screen, just like a garbage, this problem ruins my game for a long long time... T.T ...I can't handle this, cos this condition appears randomly, and there is no defects in my source code...

brothers & sisters I need all people here to do me this favor. This game really means alot to me...^^

my MSN, navel_lee@msn.com contact me without any hesitation if you want.

Super Contributor
    Maybe if you post the problematic code....

shmoove

T.T

Thanks for your reply, but the source code gets no problem, cos the game has been played well in the emulator, the problem only appears in the real Mobile... T.T

Super Contributor
    Yes. But the Series 60 implementation does have some known issues. So if we see the code maybe we can see if it any of these issues might affect it.

shmoove

One thing you might wanna try is to after your setClip call make a clipRect call with the same cordinates as in the setClip (or just, 0,0,width,height).

The problem you are describing might happen because you set the clip outside the screen area, at least I have experienced that problem on S60 devices.

got rid of it....

I'm not sure. but I fixed this problem....

I got a sign boolean variable "bChange"to notify the drawImage method whether refresh the offScreen to the "Graphics Realg" it doesn't work well in Nokia7650, I commented that "if" sentence, then, everytime the run() method will help the paint() method to refresh the Screen...whatever the offScreen changed or not...

it's really a foolish bug as if it could be called bug...I don't know why this happened...