Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Nokia 9210 emulator internet connectivity using RAS

Hi,

Is it really possible to connect nokia 9210 emulator to internet using nokia forum document.

Nobody is saying 'i am ok with this document in connecting emulator for internet'. I have followed null modem cable method and RAS on win2k server machine.

I have installed nokia sdk 1.1 on Win NT machine and connected null modem cable between two pcs. Other pc is acting as RAS server and it is a Win 2k server.

When i started to connect to internet it is showing the status as connected but i am not getting any page.

What nokia developer forum is doing i am unable to understand. Are there any changes need to be done for RAS settings?. If anybody has those instructions for Win 2K or Win NT apart from the forum document plzz send it to me directly.

Thanks
    Nag

Posted by Nag Malluru, nageshwar@jpsil.stph.net
    on April 02, 2002 at 10:17

Super Contributor

RE: Nokia 9210 emulator internet connectivity using RAS

Posted by Forum Nokia Developer Support, communicator.developer@nokia.com
    on April 03, 2002 at 13:54

Hi,

The document provided by Forum Nokia is a set of configurations for Windows NT RAS and settings for the N9210 emulator. Those instructions have been tested and it works fine for many developers. You are using Win2K which I am not sure if the RAS configuration for Windows NT is the same as for Win2K! Settings for Windows environment and RAS configurations are out of the scope though. All you have to do is to understand the requirements of Win2K RAS configurations, you can test the connection with even a normal web browser like the Internet Explorer for making sure that the connection is ok!

You can search for more information about this subject using the Search engine in this page.

Regards,
    FN Developer Support

I too am looking to connect my 9210 to my PC's internet connection. I am running Windows XP PRO.

I too am looking to connect my 9210 to my PC's internet connection. I am running Windows XP PRO.

Regular Contributor

help me to configure the 9210 emulator to windows xp

dear sir,

I am a postgraduate student from bangalore, india.

I am working on 9210 emulator.
    my system configuration is windows xp professional,MSVC++ 6.0, nokia 9200 series communicator sdk.

I have gone through document which says how to configure NT RAS and nokia 9210 emulator which is there in nokia website but i am having windows xp.

can u help me to configure my my 9210 emulator so that i can access internet from my emulator and also to run tcp/ip based applications.

thanks in advance
    vinayaka karjigi