Discussion Board

codewarrior & MdaAudioSampleEditor

Hi,

I used to program Symbian using the MS Visual C++, I never had serious problems...

In order to be able to build for Symbian 6.1, Sybian 7.0 and UIQ I decided to switch to Metrowerks Codewarrior Pro: I installed everything correctly....

But I am not able to compile and build any old projects that use the MdaAudioSampleEditor or any header files located at "C:\Symbian\Series60_1_2_CW\epoc32\include\Mda\Client"
    using the "ARMI-InstructionSet" or the "THUMB-InstructionSet".

Building the same project for "WINSCW UREL" and "WINSCW UDEB" does not cause any problems!

I tried to compile and build the original Nokia-Example, which shows the usage of the Recorder-functionnality ("Sound" provided with the Series60_1_2_CW-SDK and the Series60_v20_CW-SDK ) and it adid also NOT work.

My Question is might there be a bug in the Metrowerks SDK or does anybody has an idea what this compiler-output tells:

Error : In file included from c:\\Symbian\\Series60_1_2_CW\\EPOC32\\INCLUDE\\Mda\\Client\\Resource.h:14,

Error : from c:\\Symbian\\Series60_1_2_CW\\EPOC32\\INCLUDE\\MdaAudioSampleEditor.h:27,

Warning : ANSI C++ forbids declaration `RMdaTimer' with no type
    unknown file line 120

Error : `RMdaTimer' is neither function nor method; cannot be declared friend
    unknown file line 120

Warning : ANSI C++ forbids declaration `RMdaTimerFactory' with no type
    unknown file line 121

Error : `RMdaTimerFactory' is neither function nor method; cannot be declared friend
    unknown file line 121

Error : \\Symbian\\Series60_1_2_CW\\EPOC32\\INCLUDE\\Mda\\Client\\Base.inl: In method `RMdaTimerFactory::RMdaTimerFactory(class RMdaSession &)':

Error : In file included from c:\\Symbian\\Series60_1_2_CW\\EPOC32\\INCLUDE\\Mda\\Client\\Base.h:300,

Error : from c:\\Symbian\\Series60_1_2_CW\\EPOC32\\INCLUDE\\Mda\\Client\\Resource.h:14,

Error : from c:\\Symbian\\Series60_1_2_CW\\EPOC32\\INCLUDE\\MdaAudioSampleEditor.h:27,

(the errors point to header files, if you have a look at these lines, there are allways "include"-instructions)

Thank you for any comment

Regular Contributor
    Hi.. did you find an answer to this? I'm having the same problem.

Answer

Go to directory C:\Symbian\Series60_1_2_CW\epoc32\include\Mda\Client and open file base.h

you must put these forward declarations:
    class RMdaTimer;
    class RMdaTimerFactory;

Before class declaration:

class RMdaObject
    {
    }

Then it works fine

cool... its running!!!
    thx
    adi