Discussion Board

install personal certificates?

I recently purchased a nokia 3650 to be able to check and send email on my own email-server.
    Since I'm using SSL, my phone keeps asking me if we should trust the certificate sent by my server.

I would like to be able to permanently allow my certificate, so this annoying question will go away.

I've searched the entire internet AND this forum, but apparently, nobody has ever tried to do so.

My question is a simple one: How can I install a personal certificate on my nokia 3650, so it will be trusted for the lifetime of the certificate?

thank you in advance!

Regular Contributor
    I would also like to get an answer to this. I see on my 6600 (Settings -> Security -> Certif Management -> Personal a message that says "No personal certificates". However there is no mention anywhere how you could add personal certificates there so that e.g. the browser would stop asking to verify.

I've come to the conclusion that it might be possible to add certificates there programmatically, using some of the Symbian APIs. Is this right, does anyone know??

Ok, I've found something

I was running eFileManager and just browsing through my phone, when I discovered a little application called: Certsaver.app

It was located in Z:\system\apps\certsaver

So I thought that this must be the application with which to install new certificates.

What I did next, was upload the cerificate of my mail-server to my phone and try to open it with this application.

But it didn't work, unfortunately. It said that the certificate was corrupted/not valid.

Can someone from nokia please tell me if this application is finished/bug free and how to use it? Because I can't even start it up, without it telling me that something is corrupt.

again..... thanx a lot

Regular Contributor
    What I have found out is that you cannot install anything to Personal Certificates. If you are using e.g. secured www pages that always ask you to confirm the certificate, you can install it to Server Certificates. First you download the site's certificate as a file to e.g. your Windows' directory. Then you move that file with e.g. IrDa to your phone's drive and open it. After that OS should handle the rest and install that certificate to your phones list.

Digital Certs for 9290

Hello, I would like to send a recieve e-mail with is digitally signed and or encrypted on the Nokia 9290. Is there are extra application that I need to purchase in order to do this? Or is this feature already in the phone. I just IMPORT my certificate???

Thanks in advance, I have been looking EVERYWHERE for the answer to this question! Not even the Nokia Tech Support can help me!