Discussion Board

OTA - Downloading content ??

I have a problem with downloading content (ringing tones, images and video clips) to my phone. Please help me!

I'm building XHTML-page where I can download my own ringing tones and wallpapers and video clíps (.mid / .jpg / .3gp). How can I download these files to my phone??

I have used Nokia Content Publishing Toolkit to make the download description (.dd) files. Then I have created links to the xhtml-page (<a href="File1.dd">File1</a>). But it doesn't work! And I can't figure out what's the problem.

Am I doing something totally wrong or what...

HELP!

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hello!

Is it possible that you could provide the .dd file to this board for testing purposes?

Kind regards,

sami / Forum Nokia Developer Support

Hello!

I have managed to get it work with image (.jpg) files. But I still have some problems with audio and video files.

Could you please tell me what are the MIME types in Nokia Content Publishing Toolkit for video (.3gp) files and audio (midi, sp-midi, amr, amr-wb) files? There are a lot of choices for midi files (audio/mid, audio/midi, audio/x-midi). Which one of them is the right one? And there are no selection for amr, amr-wb, 3gp files. Why is that?

This is how my .dd-file looks like: (for image/jpeg)

<media xmlns="http://www.openmobilealliance.org/xmlns/dd">
    <objectURI>http://myaddress.something.xx/ferrari.jpg</objectURI>
    <size>19854</size>
    <type>image/jpeg</type>
    <name>Ferrari</name>
    <description>Taustakuva - Ferrari</description>
    </media>

Does it look like ok?

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

1) You can use 'audio/midi' MIME type for MIDI tones.

2) You can add new MIME types in the Nokia Content Publishing Toolkit just by writing the new MIME type in the 'MIME Type' field of the 'Common' tab.

Kind regards,

sami / Forum Nokia Developer Support