Discussion Board

6310i and SyncML

Does the 6310i support SyncML. The documentation for the phone clearly states the it does, but I just want to make sure. Also when are you guys going to start supporting the TDK Bluetooth Cards with PC Suite ?

Regular Contributor

RE: 6310i and SyncML

Hi,
    Its been a misprint in some of the documents still lying there on the web in some places. The only SyncML capable phone right now is the 9200 series commnuicators. 6310 series phones are not SyncML capable.
    I believe you can ask the next part of your question in the bluetooth sections and some technical expert can answer it.

RE: 6310i and SyncML

Hi,
    I don?t have a solution either but want to add my name to the customers who are surprised that this function does not exist. Here we go with another interoperability issue. If the companies who make the bluetooth want to sell a critical mass of bluetooth hardware they are going to have to get outside the box of ?it is only really works if all the components are made by us?. I last went through this with Anycom who said yes all of our devices are bluetooth 1.1 but they all run a proprietary communications protocol. And so on. Ericsson?s R520 will sync but it won?t do GPRS without returning the phone to Ericsson for a software flash. The 6310i is a superior phone to the R520 but this non-synch issue is a big negative. Doesn?t anybody have a work around for this?
    Jeff Kilpatrick
    Mobile data consultant, Chicago, Toronto and New York