Discussion Board

AMR-NB & H263 streaming from 3GPP file

The realOne player successfully establishes RTSP session (DESCRIBE/SETUP/PLAY), but in a second it issues SHUTDOWN request without any error information shown to the user. What could be the reason for it?

Are all the AMR modes supported? Is H.263 and Mp4v level 0 streaming supported? I couldn't find that information from realnetworks site. If needed, I can submit tcpdumps.

BR,
    Dmitri

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

Are all the AMR modes supported? Is H.263 and Mp4v level 0 streaming supported? I couldn't find that information from realnetworks site. If needed, I can submit tcpdumps.
    I guess you're talking about 6600 here. All the modes of AMR and AMR-WB are supported in streaming. For video H.263, Profile 0, Level 10 and MPEG-4 VSP, Level 0, are supported. And of course, Real's proprietary codecs are supported. You can get more info from Video and Streaming in Nokia Phones and Video and Streaming Content Creation Guide.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Thanks for promptly response!

Of course I've read those documents. It looks like the content we create is compatible. And it even can be played (if copied to the phone). But when I try to stream it (using proprietary RTSP server), phone occasionally drops the session (issuing TEARDOWN request) without any error information for the user. That's a little bit disappointing, taking into consideration that it's impossible to get what's the reason for it... :-(