Discussion Board

Cut a midi file for Nokia 3200

Anyone knows how can I cut a midi file? The phone don't accept them because they are too large. I have full songs but I want only a part of them.
    Thanks !!!

I was trying to edit some MIDI files for cell phone use too... and I found this tool...

Go to:
    www.download.com
    and search for "Anvil Studio"

It lets you truncate MIDIs. It can do a lot more (it may be overkill)... but I think there are a lot of MIDI editing programs on the net.

-vishal

Thanks for ur sollution. It helped me a lot!!

No problem

Are you trying to make the MIDI your ringer?? (I'm trying to do that myself with my 3650... but I'm not having much luck)

Yes, I tried to make the MIDI file the ringing tone for my Nokia 3200 and I did it. IAfter converting them to SP midi, I put them in my phone. But I must say that not all of them worked. When I tried to open some of them, a message appeared "Unable to open file". No idea why. They were all in the same folder.

some MIDI files can't be opened on some Nokia phones (for example 3200) because the instruments used in these files are very "heavy" for the device. you can experiment changing them to others. but it's not easy to find the right set of instruments. i have the same problem