Discussion Board

Different between WAP AP & Internet AP?

What's the essential different between WAP AP & Internet AP? some friends told me that wap data went via wap gateway but internet data did not.if so,how can i make internet data go out through WAP gateway,sure,all content of that data is about HTTP.is it possible?
    Thanks very much!

A WAP access point is actually an internet access point with these extra settings:

- WAP gateway IP
    - start page URL
    (- WTLS security settings)

When these settings are present, the access point can be used with the WAP browser. Requests are sent to the gateway as WSP requests. The gateway converts them to HTTP.

Some operators don't route their WAP access point IP traffic to other addresses than their gateway's. This is because they can charge more for a full-blown internet access point.

To use the WAP gateway to relay HTTP requests in your own code, see the SDK documentation for Symbian OS WAP stack (RWSPCOConn and friends).

Lauri

thank upstair and now i know much more about WAP & Internet AP.unfortunately there is still some problem -- now i know how to use WAP gateway to access HTTP data by C++ SDK but how about Java? I'm a newbie on java
    anybody who can help me ?