Hello everyone,

Mobile game development seems to be da bomb nowadays, and a lot has been said, on this forum as well, concerning different sales channels to promote your games.

I am facing a slightly different task, where I have a software bundle consisting of a client MIDlet suite and server scripts. Thus, I not only need to find a seller to move the product, but a seller who can provide server support for it as well.

First thing that pops into my mind are mobile operators. I am not sure, however, how willing the 'big guys' (which operators typically are) are to deal with private developers, or small private companies for that matter, especially ones that are new and lack credentials in the field.

I have looked into Nokia's tradepoint, and would like to hear if anyone has had any experience with it. Particularly, I would like to know how much exposure an application actually receives from that medium.

On the other hand, I would be very interested to hear thoughts and experiences on contacting potential clients directly (operators in this case). What's the good way to start? Some tips and pointers would be great.

My background is actually in business, but I do have close-to-none experience in mobile telecom, and realise it has its specifics. This is why I would like to get some insight on inner workings of this industry.

If anyone has some experience on this subject, which they would like to share, please do. Thanks in advance.