Discussion Board

Streaming on 7600? Urgent...

Hi,

for an MNO Showcase I need to know anything related to 3G streaming on an Nokia 7600. It's pretty urgent...

Questions are:
    - does 7600 user a real player (I guess not, because it's a series 40), or a Nokia player (guess so)
    - in which formats do the files have to be/ can be encoded (Real, wmv, 3gpp, packetvideo)?
    - do I need a streaming server for streaming or is a web server fine as well? Which solution shows the best results?
    - what are the best encoding settings at ~64Kbit/3G and ~20Kbit/2G regarding Encoding, bitrate, Video size, frames per second, audio...
    - which encoders do I use for best results, sound & video?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks a lot!
    Jens

Encoder

Best quality encoder I have found is the Xenon from Nextreaming

What bit rates?

Hi,

given that with UMTS the network is no longer the limiting factor regarding bit rates, what streaming bit rates can I use with the 7600 when attached to an high speed UMTS networks (i.e. what can the device still display)?

Wolfgang

i posted a reply to apesz that explain how things works with streaming.
    Bye
    Luigi

Super Contributor
    Hi,

7600 doesn't have RealPlayer, but a Nokia player. It supports 3GPP streaming via RTP with the following media types:

- H.263 Profile 0, Level 10
    - MPEG-4 Visual Simple Profile, Level 0
    - AMR

You need a 3GPP-compliant streaming server to stream the content to 7600. For example RealNetworks Helix Mobile Server does the job.

In WCDMA networks where available bandwidth is 64 kbit/s, suggested bit rate for the content is 56 kbit/s with sub-QCIF or QFIC 15 fps audio included. If available bandwith is 128 kbit/s, suggested bit rate for the content is 120 kbit/s with sub-QCIF or QFIC 15 fps audio included.

In 2 TS DL GPRS network suggested bit rate is 20 kbit/s and in 3 TS DL 30 kbit/s.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia