Discussion Board

Custom control in Series 60 form

I am trying to create a custom control in a Series 60 form. This causes a Panic EIKON-FORM 0.

I have derived from CAknForm and overridden CreateCustomContol.

If I derive instead from CAknDialog and create a dialog instead of a form, then my code runs OK, no Panic. However, the appearance of the dialog is far inferior to that of the form, so I want to get it working as a form.

Is there a limitation that I cannot implement a custom control in a form, or is there something extra that I need to do?

The reason for creating a custom control is that I want to derive from CEikSecretEditor to try to fix a slight problem with that control: when a non-default theme is in use on a 6600 device, the password field within the form appears as a wallpaper-coloured area when it does not have focus - it should be plain background colour to match the background of the form itself.

Implement ConvertCustomControlTypeToBaseControlType(TInt aControlType) function to the dialog. With CEikSecretEditor derived control it should probably return value EEdwinDerived. See eikdpobs.h for more information.

Hai,
    I am developing a customised dialog for displaying about information of the product(version/email/url).but my application is crashing once my control comes out from CreateCustomControlL().
    Resource i am using for custom control is

RESOURCE DIALOG r_smpl_about_dialog
    {
    title="about";
    flags=EGeneralQueryFlags;
    buttons=R_AVKON_SOFTKEYS_OK_EMPTY;
    items=
    {
    DLG_LINE
    {
    id=ESampleCidAboutControl;
    type=ESampleCtAboutDialog;
    //prompt="";
    }
    };
    }

and code i have written is
    SEikControlInfo CSampleAboutDialog::CreateCustomControlL (TInt aControlType)
    {
    iControlInfo.iControl=NULL;
    iControlInfo.iFlags=0;
    iControlInfo.iTrailerTextId=0;

switch (aControlType)
    {
    case ESampleCtAboutDialog:
    iControlInfo.iControl = CMyAboutControl::NewL (this);
    break;

default:
    break;
    }
    return iControlInfo;
    }

please help me to sort out this problem

Thanks & Rgds
    saki

What sort of "crash" is it?

btw, you'd be more likely to get a response if you posted your query as a new query instead of as a reply to my old query - nobody else will have noticed your posting.

And, Syrja, thanks - your suggestion worked, though I now have another problem, a target-only KERN-EXEC 3 when I try to derive my own class from CEikSecretEditor.