Discussion Board

Files in 00001001_S?

As far as I know the folder in c:\system\Mail\00001001_S is the incoming folder for sms and mms messages. I see 16 folders in there and probably a couple of more in them again.

My question is: does anyone know the format of the files which are in there? E.g. a file called 00100182 (without extension) - has a binary format and includes sender and receiver phone number - and more ... anyone know how to use these files?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

You must be talking about S60 device and the inbox storage. Do NOT touch those files. All the files are part of the database system of the device inbox. By modifying/deleting some of those files you will corrupt the database index and there is no tools to recover the database structure.

Symbian SDK has a well documented API's for handling the items in the device inbox, use those.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

I was viewing the files on my PC and wondering what info is stored in the files.

Anyway - is there an example (Symbian C++) which lists all available messages in the incoming folder?

Thanks.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

Have a lookto following example:
    Series 60 Developer Platform 1.0/2.0: MMS SMIL Inbox Example v1.0

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Hmm, I've been looking around, but I must have version 0.9 or something installed.

Will download 2.0 and look for the example, thanks a lot!

Well auvinent,

actually, I need info on how to read received MMS from my mobile. I'd like to check the incoming folder, read text and image files and send them via Bluetooth to some machine near. Without any user interaction that is!

Anyone got any hints on examples on that matter?

Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Expert
    Ok, if you want to read received MMS message, then you should use " Series 60 Developer Platform: MMSDemo1 Example v1.0" available at http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,1_32_30,00.html

Br,
    Teemu / Forum Nokia

Well - this seems to be the one I need! Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, the source uses a file called "MMSDemo1.rsg", which I can't find. Without it, I can't compile the source. Where do I get this file?

Thanks again.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi,

This file should be in %EPOCROOT%epoc32\include directory, but only after you have compiled the project files for the first time.

Best Regards,
    Ari / Forum Nokia