Discussion Board

view .mms file on a real mms phone

hi all, i tried to view the .mms file created using the various mms generators provided by nokia but seems like there is a problem. when i upload the .mms file onto the 7650, it cannot open and shows a unknown format error. but this .mms file can appear and run on the various emulators provided by nokia. Anyone know whats the reason behind this? please help. thanks!

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

MMS Message can be seen only at the MMS viewer in the device. there is no way to open localy stored MMS file at that application. So only way to see the content (and the message) is to deliver it over MMSC connection.

To be able to see the "look and feel", you should use some of the Content authoring SDK's for various devices.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

what's .mms file for? and how to deliver it to mmsc
    thanks

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

MMS file holds the MMS message content (images, audio, SMIL and so on...). This content is delivered over MM1 interface to MMSC when using mobile phone. MM7 is udes for service applications.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Regular Contributor

hey i m going to develop mms message by taking the picture from camera. the whole coding is in one file containing MMS AND CAMERA portion in one file.

i cannot create MMS without executing that.
    and i cannot execute that because there is no mms support in phone.

so can i see the mms by anyway.