Discussion Board

Thread: Read Message

Read Message

In Thailand i can check my bill payment from calling *121# then my cellular provider will semd me back a message (I think it is not General SMS). I would like to create an application to read the message from my mobile. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this thing.

Nokia Developer Expert
    Hi!

You have two alternatives, use the PC Connectivity SDK or use AT commands.

PC Connectivity SDK can be found from Forum Nokia pages as well as the AT command help for Nokia terminals. Have a look to USSD related commands.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am helping a student on his final year project which will command the phone to transmit SMS, with an MCU rather than a PC. We are now identifying which phone to use. We have try a Nokia 3310. However, it doesn't accept AT command. We also have try 8210, but it have to command via infared port. Can you please tell us which are the model can fulfill this purpose? It is difficult to try and error all the phones as the phones and data cables are expensive. Can the Nokia 3610 do the job? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
    CS Mah

Phone Models

Dear csmah1,

Nokia 5110 requires DAU-9p cable but it doesn't have a built-in modem. You need to install Nokia DataSuite 3.0 if you write an application for PC for 5110.

Since you prefer to program a Microcontroller ,select any phone with buit-in modem like Nokia 6210 .

You can find connection cable details in

PCCSDK connection methods

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,65..._30_20,00.html

Also view thread 'SMS thrpuh PC' by me 'ramu_sms'
    use Advanced search if you can't locate it.

Regards ,
    Ram.

THANKS

Dear Sir/Madam,

Finally, I have completed the project with a SIEMENS phone rather than nokia which I support all the time. I have also make phone call to nokia technical support centre, but to no avail. I hope nokia will improve the support service in due course.

I would like to THANKS those helped or advised me in the forum. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    CS Mah

i wan develop a system that allow see info such as weather through SMS. the user can choose wan to see which country weather info.

the first thing is,
    how to read the message from phone?

the second is,
    how to detect the message text, example: weather singapore.