Discussion Board

Symbian 7.0 SDK for Linux

Hello,

we are searching for a Symbian 7.0 SDK for Linux because all our server-side software runs and is developed on Linux and we want to add features like mobile connectivity to it.

Java is no alternative because of missing knowledge, as we only develop C++ applications.

Is there no ready-to-use Linux-SDK/toolchain ? It's a bit strange, because the used gcc is originally a Unix-tool and most of the needed tools are already open source. And I think, there are more companies than ours, which use a kind of Unix as a development platform.

Regular Contributor

Symbian 7.0 SDK for Linux

Hey,

Well there is no SDK for Linux but there is a complete toolchain and some additional tool for developing on SYmbian platform on Linux. See this site for details: http://gnupoc.sourceforge.net/.

Regards, Aljaz

Well, but there is no SDK-patch for Nokias Symbian 7.0 yet (only for SE - I don't know if it differs) and as I've read, installation is time-consuming and complicated.

It should not be too hard for Nokia or the Symbian consortium to patch their SDK, port the toolchain to Linux and put it online.